Ok so you may have already missed your opportunity to book in your online grocery delivery slot in September, but with Christmas fast approaching our co-founder Christina shares her top 5 ways she prepares for the festive season. There’s still plenty of time…!
How to prep for Christmas? Start early (definitely not winging it!) – anything that helps to avoid last minute panic buying or peeling potatoes at 6am Christmas morning. My top 5 Christmas preparation must-haves are:
1. Sign up for your online grocery Christmas delivery slot in September. Christmas Eve is for eating mince pies and enjoying time with your family – not for queuing up at the supermarket.
2. Get your Christmas cards written early and make it fun. Penning 50 festive messages is much less likely to give you RSI if shared out between you and your partner – I find a glass of Baileys always helps too…
3. Visit to Kew Gardens Winter Lights – absolutely magical and always gets me in the Christmas spirit early.
4. Gin advent calendar. No explanation needed.
5. Christmas tunes and Christmas films. Nothing gets you in the mood for prepping your Brussels sprouts like Wham’s ‘Last Christmas’ or watching Home Alone for the 100th time.