You’ve probably got one hundred other things on your to-do list before the big day arrives, but you don’t want to be outdone by the neighbours fabulously festive wreath or lights. To give you a helping hand we got the low-down from top florist Phillo in Notting Hill on how to create a simple wreath (even for the non-green fingered among us).
Here are his tips:
1. Purchase a plain fresh pine wreath base from any good florist or garden centre.
2. Gather winter’s harvest from your or a friend’s garden. Ingredients can include pine cones, dried flower heads, berries, seed pods, mosses and twigs.
3. Place the ingredients in groups or as you wish within the layers of pine for a natural look.
4. Attach each ingredient with a glue gun.
5. Finish with a festive bow or a big tied Raffia bow.
Huge thanks to Phillo Flowers for the tips!